Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reports From Inside the Blackwater Camp Just Get Better and Better

I just saw this article from The Nation that makes some very serious allegations about Blackwater (I refuse to call it Xe which is what they are going by now) and its founder Erik Prince. Two confidential sources inside Blackwater are telling federal authorities that Prince may be complicit in the murder of other federal informants who were passing information to authorities regarding an investigation that was looking at whether or not Blackwater was illegally smuggling weapons into Iraq.

Who knows whether all this is true or not, but I'll tell you that none of this surprises me. Prince has allowed his operatives to perform all kinds of questionable/illegal activity in Iraq, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Prince was directly involved in illegal activity himself. I do know this, the stories out of Blackwater are starting to sound eerily like that plot of the recent movie "State of Play" which I wrote a post about a couple months ago. More on this as it develops.

h/t to Ned on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment