Monday, April 13, 2009

Lifeboat of Death

I can't even begin to describe to you how hyped I am about this story. Contrary to Fox News (notably Glenn Beck), I believe we did the right thing by sending in negotiators, but I knew in my heart that it was gonna get real out there. Last night it did get real when U.S. Navy snipers killed* three pirates to free Captain Richard Phillips. The Navy decided to take action when they felt that Phillips's life was in imminent danger given the agitated state of the pirates and the fact that they had an AK-47 leveled at his back. A fourth pirate was actually aboard a U.S. Navy ship at the time and he is now being held while federal prosecutors decide whether to press charges or not. This fourth pirate is the first pirate to be held for an attack against an American citizen in modern U.S. history.

I mean this is a pretty amazing story. The pirates leveled a gun at Phillips's back and the snipers then shot all three pirates in the head while they were on a lifeboat that had to have been rocking around on the water. This is incredible. I'm already writing the screenplay. I've got calls into Seagal's people. I also see a spot for Haley Joel Osment and Angela Landsbury. Creative casting will be this movie's hallmark. The working title for the movie is also the title of this blog - "Lifeboat of Death."

* CNN is careful to point out that all three pirates were killed by head shots. If you didn't just fist pump at this news you need to check your pulse because you may be dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment